Hot, cheesy, and absolutely delicious, this hot pizza dip is perfect for easy entertaining. It takes just 10 minutes to put together and it's guaranteed to please!
I was recently introduced to pizza dip through one of our local restaurants. Intrigued, we gave it an order and I'm here to tell you it did not disappoint!
While it's true that you can make everyone happy with pizza, I am now a firm believer that you can make everyone happier with pizza dip. I mean, what's there not to love about a hot creamy dip topped with sauce and cheese and all your favourite pizza toppings!
Best part is - this dip takes no time at all to put together. Simply spread out the base and build your pizza then off for a quick bake in the oven. Fun to make, fun to eat, you really can't go wrong here.
You're going to love this!
- 10 minutes prep time - It honestly takes just 10 minutes to put this dip together. Hows that for quick?
- Unbelievably tasty - If you love hot creamy dips AND pizza you are going to love this!
- Versatile - just like pizza, you can dress this dip however you want! Simply build the base and put on your favourite toppings!
- Cream cheese - this is the base for the dip.
- Sour cream - gets mixed into the cream cheese to make it more dippable. You could use Greek yogurt here too if you wanted to lighten it up a bit.
- Pizza sauce - I love using my tomato sauce, but feel free to use your favourite pizza sauce here.
- Mozzarella cheese - the stretchier, the better.
- Pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, and peppers - I was going for a supreme pizza kind of dip, but you can use any of your favourite toppings here - the possibilities are endless!
- Breadsticks - my parmesan breadsticks are great here, but you could use any kind - it's even great with tortillas chips!
How to make it
Prep the base. Preheat your oven to 350ºF then prep the base by mixing the cream cheese and the sour cream together then spread the cream cheese mixture evenly across the bottom of a pie plate.
Pre-cook the toppings. The dip is heated at a low temperature, so for toasty pizza-like toppings, you'll need to pre-cook them a bit first. Heat a nonstick skillet to high heat and cook the pepperoni for a minute or two until lightly crisp, and then cook the rest of the ingredients until they are nice and roasted looking.
Complete the dip. Spread the pizza sauce over the base followed by the shredded mozzarella cheese then top with the pepperoni, mushrooms, olives and onions.
Bake and serve. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling the serve with breadsticks, tortilla chips, or your other favourite dipping snack.
More Recipes You'll Love!
If you like this pizza dip, you might want to check out some of our other dips!
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
- 8 oz cream cheese - room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoni - quartered
- 2 Tablespoons sliced peppers
- 2 Tablespoons diced onion
- 4 mushrooms - sliced
- 4 black olives - sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl and mix well. Spread the mixture across the bottom of a 9" pie plate.
- Spread the pizza sauce across the top of the cream cheese mixture then top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat and cook the pepperoni slices for a minute or two - until they are hot and beginning to crisp.
- Remove the pepperoni, and and the mushrooms, onions and peppers to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes until they are a bit softened.
- Sprinkle the pizza toppings across the top and then bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve hot with breadsticks, tortilla chips or garlic bread.
* nutritional information is calculated by online tools and may not be 100% accurate.