This healthier hot spinach and artichoke dip is lightened up by trading sour cream and cream cheese for Greek yogurt, and loading it up with spinach and artichoke. Full of flavour with both parmesan and asiago cheese, this is a party favourite that tastes great and you can feel good about eating!
Who can resist hot spinach and artichoke dip? I certainly can’t, I’m a sucker for it at parties and if I see it on a restaurant menu I’ve just got to have it.
Usually, this dish is loaded with high fat, high calorie ingredients like sour cream, cream cheese, mayo AND cheese which are all ingredients I love but I prefer to eat them in moderation.
I wanted to make a spinach and artichoke dip I could feel good about eating regularly and not just on special occasions, so I made a few healthier changes. I swapped out cream cheese and sour cream and used Greek yogurt for a base, and I really packed it in with both spinach and artichokes to up the nutritional profile.
The result is this healthier hot spinach and artichoke recipe and let me tell you it’s just as tasty and addictive as the original. I’m not ashamed to admit that we grabbed a bag of tortilla chips and called this a light dinner!
How to Make Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Saute up the garlic and onions for a minute or two over low heat.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is blended.
Transfer to an oven safe dish and top with a but more cheese.
Bake at 350℉ for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts and everything is nice and bubbly then serve!
Dietary Considerations and Accommodations
This recipe for hot spinach and artichoke dip is suitable for the following diets:
- gluten free
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
More recipes you’ll love!
If you like this hot spinach and artichoke dip, you might want to check out some of our other comforting vegetarian recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 10 oz frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
- 10 oz artichoke hearts diced
- 1 1/3 cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese plus a bit more for topping
- 1/2 `cup grated asiago cheese plus a bit more for topping
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium low heat and saute the garlic and until for 5 minutes or so, or until they soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the dip mixture to an oven safe baking dish then top with more asiago and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the dip is bubbling
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with tortilla chips or flatbread