Shrimp cooked in a Greek style tomato sauce with onions, garlic, oregano and kalamata olives then topped with crumbled feta cheese. On the table in under 30 minutes, serve them as part of a delicious and healthy dinner, or pair them with some crusty bread for a quick and easy appetizer.
How to make Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
Heat a large saucepan to medium heat and add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
Saute the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes then add the wine, oregano, sliced kalamata olives and drained tomatoes.
Increase the heat to high and bring the tomato sauce to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and let everything simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce reduces slightly.
Put the shrimp in the pan and spread them throughout the sauce in a single layer. Cover the pan with a lid and allow the shrimp to cook (about 3-5 minutes). The shrimp are cooked when both sides of the shrimp are pink.
When the shrimp have cooked, remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with the crumbled feta and parsley.
What to serve with Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
These Greek-style shrimp are amazing served as an appetizer or light meal paired with a loaf of nice crusty bread.
To make this shrimp dish a complete meal you can serve it over pasta (or zoodles if you are low carb) or even paired with rice or potatoes and another vegetable side.
This recipe for Greek shrimp with tomatoes and feta is suitable for the following diets:
- clean eating
- gluten free and nut free
- low carb and keto friendly
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
More Fish & Seafood Recipes You'll Love
If you like this recipe for Greek shrimp with tomatoes and feta, you might want to check out some of our other shrimp recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff. Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 28 ounces canned plum tomatoes drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a large pan saute onion and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Stir in the wine, oregano, salt, and tomatoes.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered 5 minutes until the sauce reduces slightly.
- Put the shrimp into the sauce and spread out across the pan.
- Cover and cook until shrimp is pink (3-5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.