Buffalo shrimp lettuce wraps are an easy and healthy low carb and gluten free meal! Tasty Buffalo sauce marinated shrimp are loaded into lettuce wraps with a tangy slaw and topped with blue cheese - a perfect weeknight meal, or easy lunch.
Although we follow a mostly plant based diet, we do eat fish or seafood about once every week or so. When we do make the choice to eat seafood, we like to make sure that it is sustainably sourced.
After going to the gym this morning, I was feeling pretty hungry and these Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps came together quickly (the recipe says 20 minutes, but if you time it well you can do it in 10), and made an excellent and satisfying post-workout meal - high protein and lots of healthy green things 🙂
I mentioned before that James and I were pretty much hot sauce connoisseurs, and in true hot sauce lover form we both love the flavour of a great Buffalo sauce. When we found Uncle Dougie's Wicked Good No Fry Wing Marinade in our local grocery store, we had to give it a try.
Last summer, one of our indulgences was stopping in at our local wing joint to get our hot sauce fix, and we wanted to find a healthier way to satisfy our wing sauce cravings.
Usually we make all our sauces from scratch so we can control what is in them, but this sauce meets all our nutritional needs: made from real food, and no preservatives. After trying it a couple of times in these wraps, we are pretty much in love with it, and can't wait to try out some new recipes with it.
These wraps are very simple to put together, and you could incorporate any wrap fillings or taco toppings you like to fill them out (sauteed veggies for a fajita style wrap would be nice). I've been loving cabbage lately, so a quick coleslaw is what I decided on - I just love the fresh crispness of the cabbage and the crunch it provides to the wrap.
This recipe for buffalo shrimp lettuce wraps is suitable for the following diets:
- clean eating
- low carb
- gluten free
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
MORE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
If you like these Buffalo shrimp lettuce wraps, you might want to check out some of our other awesome recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- ¾ pound shrimp - (we use 35-45 count)
- 4 Tablespoons Uncle Dougies Wicked Good No Fry Wing Marinade
- 6 leaves leaf lettuce - (Boston bibb also works well)
- 1 cup green cabbage - shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage - shredded
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro - chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes - sliced
- 1 green onion - chopped
- 2 Tablespoons blue cheese - crumbled
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. While pan is heating, toss together cabbage, red cabbage, cilantro, rice vinegar and lime juice to make the cilantro lime slaw
- Add the shrimp to the pan along with the hot sauce and toss lightly to coat. Cook for about 5-6 minutes turning shrimp at least once to ensure they are cooked through on both sides. The shrimp is done when it has turned pink evenly.
- To put together the lettuce wraps: lay a leaf of lettuce down on a plate. Line the lettuce with slaw and then top with shrimp. Garnish with cherry tomato, green onion, and blue cheese. Enjoy!
* nutritional information is calculated by online tools and may not be 100% accurate.