This grilled vegetable salad is an easy and flavourful side dish perfect for summertime grilling season. My favourite grilling veggies, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms red pepper, and onion are grilled on the BBQ then topped with pesto and crumbled goat cheese.
Is there anything better than a big plate of grilled vegetables??? I'm hard pressed to think of something right now. Just like roasting, there is something about the grill that brings out the best of any vegetables flavour. One of my favourite things about summer eats is always grilled vegetables, I honestly just don't ever tire of them.
If you love grilled vegetables too and want to elevate them a notch check out this grilled vegetable salad.
Eggplant, zucchini, red peppers and mushrooms are my favourite vegetables for summer grilling. Top them all off with some pesto and some goat cheese and you have an easy beautiful vegetable side dish that could even double as a vegetarian main.
This recipe makes about enough grilled vegetables for 6-8 as a side dish. If you are making this for a smaller crowd, try repurposing some of the leftover grilled veggies into our roasted vegetable sandwich!
How to make grilled vegetable salad
Prep your vegetables by slicing your eggplant into ¾ inch rounds, quartering the zucchini and red pepper lengthwise and slicing your onion. Give everything a rub with avocado oil and then season with salt and pepper.
Turn your BBQ on to high to get things heated up then drop the temperature down to low.
When the grill is ready, add your veggies straight on to the grill. The vegetables should take about 7-8 minutes to cook total. Flip the veggies about halfway through the cooking time. You will know that they are ready when the veggies have softened and begun to char on the outside.
When the veggies have finished grilling, transfer them to a serving plate then top with the pesto and crumbled goat cheese.
Tips for the Best Grilled Vegetable Salad
For the best grill marks don't move your vegetables around too much - give them time to cook and develop a good sear on one side before you turn them or move them around
I used store bought pesto here, but if you have an abundance of basil try it with homemade pesto.
This grilled vegetable recipe is suitable for the following diets:
- gluten free
- low carb and keto friendly
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
More Recipes You’ll Love!
If you like this grilled vegetable salad you might want to check out some of our other easy vegetable side dish recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Grilled Vegetable Salad
- 2 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- avocado oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pesto
- Prepare the vegetables by quartering the zucchini and red pepper lengthwise and slicing the eggplant and onion into ¾" rounds.
- Brush all the vegetables with avocado oil (or cooking oil of your choice) then season with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat up your BBQ then turn the temperature down to low.
- Place the vegetable pieces straight onto the grill and cook for 7-8 minutes or until the vegetables have become tender and have started to char flipping the pieces about halfway through the cook time.
- When the veggies have cooked, arrange them onto a serving plate then drizzle with pesto and top with crumbled goat cheese.
* nutritional information is calculated by online tools and may not be 100% accurate.