These roasted vegetable sandwiches are SO delicious! Earthy portobellos, sweet red peppers and zucchini, herby pesto, and creamy brie all perfectly housed in a multigrain ciabatta bun. Healthy and easy to make, these sandwiches make an excellent quick lunch or dinner.
I have a love affair with sandwiches, especially if you add melted cheese. A good grilled cheese sandwich is definitely one of life's best gifts. I like to think of these roasted vegetable sandwiches with brie as a lighter, more nourishing and sophisticated version of a grilled cheese sandwich. Mushrooms, zucchini and red peppers are my favourite flavour combo with the pesto, but you could switch it up for any vegetables that you really love - maybe eggplant or sweet potato? The best part is that these sandwiches are ready in 25 minutes, with only 5 minutes of that as prep time.
How to make roasted vegetable sandwiches
Start by heating your oven to 450℉ and placing your sliced veggies on a large baking tray. I like to line my tray with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
Slice up your veggies. For the red peppers, I like to roast them in quarters, and for the portobello mushrooms and the zucchini, I like them in slices no more than ½ inch thick to ensure that they will roast fairly quickly. Brush the sides of the vegetables lightly with a small amout of cooking oil and season with salt and pepper.
Pop everything in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. When your veggies are done roasting, switch the oven setting to broil.
Begin assembling your sandwiches by placing some arugula on the bun, then add ⅓ of the veggies, top with some brie, and slather some pesto on the top half of your ciabatta bun.
Because melted brie is the best brie, we are going to put only the bottom half of the sandwich under the broiler for 30 seconds or so - you want to JUST melt the brie.
Top with the pesto covered half of the bun and enjoy!
This recipe for roasted vegetable sandwiches is suitable for the following diets:
- for vegan, use vegan cheese and pesto
- for gluten free use gluten-free bread
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
MORE ROASTED VEGETABLE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
If you like this roasted vegetable sandwich with pesto and brie cheese, you might want to check out some of our other awesome roasted vegetable recipes:
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with lemon tahini sauce
- Roasted broccoli and white bean soup
- Roasted golden beets with wilted greens
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches with pesto and brie
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
- 3 multigrain ciabatta buns
- 3 portobello mushroom
- 2 red pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup arugula
- 3-4 Tablespoons pesto
- 1⁄2 small wheel brie cheese
- Set your oven to bake at 450℉ and prepare your vegetable for roasting by slicing the red peppers into quarters, and the portobello mushrooms and zucchini into ¼ inch slices. Brush the veggies lightly with cooking oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 20 mins. When the vegetables have finished roasting, set the oven to broil.
- Build your sandwiches by placing arugula on the bottom half of the bun, and top with the roasted zucchini, mushrooms and red pepper. Finish with a couple of slices of brie cheese.
- Place the sandwiches (without the top half of the bun) under the broiler for just about 30 seconds to begin melting the brie.
- Spread the top half of the bun with pesto, and place on the sandwich then serve.