Perfectly caramelized Brussels sprouts are topped with a lemony garlic tahini sauce in this elegant yet fuss free side dish.
Growing up, I absolutely hated Brussels sprouts. Luckily, they only showed up on my plate a couple of times a year at family gatherings like Thanksgiving and Christmas. As an adult, I now look forward to sprouts season and can't get enough of them.
If you're not on the sprouts train yet, I would highly suggest this recipe as a way to introduce them into your diet. Roasting the sprouts brings out a bit of a sweetness to compliment the slightly bitter flavour, and the sauce is creamy lemon garlic perfection - in fact you will want to eat it on everything which is a good thing, because you will have tahini sauce leftover after drizzling the sprouts with it.
Fun Fact: Did you know that Brussels Sprouts were grown on a stalk?!?!?
I honestly didn't until just last year, but once I knew I was dying to get myself some Brussels sprouts fresh on the stalk. As usual, our friends at Springh Farms did not disappoint -
I picked up this beautiful stalk of sprouts at our local farmers market and set straight into roasting up these beauties.
Although they look really cool on the stalk, the only benefit of buying them this way that I could think of would be that the sprouts are fresher when you purchase them. Taking them off the stalk was quick enough - I just used a paring knife to pop them off one at a time.
HOW TO MAKE BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH LEMON TAHINI SAUCE
This dish honestly couldn't get any easier. Besides making the food taste great, roasting is one of my favourite methods of preparation because it is pretty hands off - just pop a tray in and take it back out when the cooking time is complete.
All you have to do is pre-heat your oven to 400℉, toss your sliced Brussels sprouts with some cooking oil, season, toss in the oven, and whisk together the sauce ingredients while your oven does all the work for you.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Tahini Sauce is suitable for the following diets:
- vegan and vegetarian
- clean eating and Whole30
- gluten free, dairy free
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
MORE SIDE DISH RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
If you like these Brussels sprouts with lemon tahini sauce, you might want to check out some of our other vegetable side dish recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1.5 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Heat your oven to 400℉
- Halve the Brussels sprouts lengthwise and add to a medium sized bowl. Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat. Add the sprouts to the sheet and space them out as much as possible.
- Roast for 25 minutes
- While the sprouts are roasting, add the tahini sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add water a little bit at a time until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Place the roasted sprouts on a serving tray and lightly drizzle with tahini sauce.
* nutritional information is calculated by online tools and may not be 100% accurate.