Garlic parmesan asparagus is an easy and flavourful side. Fresh asparagus spears are covered in garlic and parmesan cheese before being oven roasted to perfection.
Do any of you get as excited about asparagus season as I do?? I can't wait for it every year, and as soon as I start seeing local asparagus on the shelves of the supermarket it becomes a weekly staple. I love coming up with new ways to eat asparagus, like this soft boiled egg and asparagus oatmeal bowl, but my absolute go to is oven roasted asparagus.
Garlic parmesan asparagus is an amped up roasted asparagus recipe. The asparagus is tossed with lots of garlic and parmesan cheese before going in for a roast and this recipe couldn't get any better! I haven't been able to stop eating it - it's just SO good! Is crack asparagus a thing???? If not, can we make it one?
How to make Garlic parmesan asparagus
Like most of my favourite recipes, this is a simple yet flavourful one and it starts with fresh ingredients. For the best cheesy effect, you are going to want to start with a piece of parmesan cheese - not the pre-shredded or pre-grated kind.
Start by trimming the asparagus - the bottom inch or two is usually tough and needs to be cut off before cooking.
Heat your oven to 425℉ and line a large roasting pan with parchment paper.
Lay out the asparagus on the paper, and drizzle generously with olive oil. I like to get my hands in there after and rub the asparagus to make sure that all of the spears are nicely covered, then I sprinkle on the crushed garlic and parmesan cheese.
Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes depending on the size and thickness of your asparagus. You will know that it is ready when the tops of the spears have gotten a bit crispy and the cheese is all nice and melty.
- Don't crowd the pan - keeping a bit of space between the spears lets them evenly roast
- Don't use pre-grated parmesan - make sure you buy a slice of real parmesan and grate your own!
- grate your parmesan with a cheese grater - the bigger shreds of cheese melt and crisp nicely
Dietary Considerations and Accommodations
This recipe for garlic parmesan asparagus is suitable for the following diets:
- keto and low carb
- gluten free
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
More recipes you’ll love!
If you like this garlic parmesan asparagus, you might want to check out some of our other tasty side dish recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
- 1 pound Asparagus
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425℉ and then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Trim the asparagus and then spread it out across the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and the crushed garlic. Using your hands rub the oil and garlic over the spears to ensure they are well coated.
- Sprinkle with the shredded parmesan cheese then season with sea salt and pepper
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your spears. The asparagus is ready when the tips have crisped and the cheese is nice and melty.
* nutritional information is calculated by online tools and may not be 100% accurate.