Sliced cucumbers and red onions dressed in a creamy garlic dill dressing, creamy cucumber salad is the perfect cooling summer side dish.
Creamy cucumber salad is my latest easy side dish obsession. It’s quick to prepare, calls for a handful of fresh ingredients, and easily compliments anything you might want to throw on the grill.
I’ve seen this kind of salad a lot with sour cream as a salad base but I wanted to make something lighter so I switched it up and used Greek yogurt. Combined with the garlic and dill, this salad totally reminds of tzatziki but in salad form.
How to make it
First, round up your ingredients. Cucumber and red onion for the salad, Greek yogurt, white wine vinegar, dill and garlic for the dressing.
In a small bowl mix the Greek yogurt, garlic, dill and white wine vinegar to make the dressing. Season with sea salt and pepper until the flavour makes you happy.
The raw garlic is pretty strong, so I suggest letting the dressing sit in the fridge and mellow for about an hour before you put it on the salad.
When you are ready to go, add the cucumber and onion to a large bowl and add the dressing.
Mix it all together and enjoy immediately.
Tips and Tricks
- This salad is best when freshly dressed. If you don’t plan on serving right away, hold off on dressing it until you are ready to eat.
- The raw garlic can taste pretty strong when the dressing is first made. If you don’t like the taste of raw garlic, let the dressing sit in the fridge for an hour or so for the flavour to mellow.
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Creamy Cucumber Salad
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 1/4 small red onion (sliced and quartered)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon each, sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Mix the Greek yogurt, white wine vinegar, garlic, dill and salt and pepper to make the dressing. For best results, let the dressing sit in the fridge for an hour for the garlic to mellow.
- Add the sliced cucumber and onions to a large bowl. Add the dressing then toss and serve immediately.