Quick and easy chili lime shrimp are the perfect answer when you're looking for a super fast main dish that's big on flavour. Simply toss the shrimp in the mix of chili spices and lime, cook and toss again cilantro.
Full flavoured spiciness with a hint of lime and a punch of cilantro. Shrimp for dinner doesn't get any tastier or easier than this.
Made from pantry ingredients (yes, cilantro is a staple around here!) this is a recipe you can pull together with ease any night you don't know what to make, haven't thought ahead or simply feel like eating something great while also putting in minimal effort.
The sauce has three different chili ingredients (crushed red pepper flakes, chili paste, and chili powder) which gives these shrimp a bit of a zing but also a lot of dimension. The lime adds a bit of a zest to the dish and packing on the cilantro adds a ton of fresh flavour.
How To Make It
Put your peeled and deviened shrimp in a bowl and add the avocado oil, crushed red pepper flakes, chili paste, chili powder, garlic, lime juice, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
Mix well until the shrimp are equally coated with the spice mixture then place them in a single layer on non stick skillet heated over medium heat.
Let the shrimp cook on the first side for a coupe of minutes (until the shrimp are no longer opague at least halfway up) then flip them over and cook them on the second side for a minute or so.
Remove the skillet from the heat then add the cilantro and toss well before serving.
What To Serve It With?
Keeping on the quick dinner theme, these shrimp would be excellent with a green salad or you could try them with some of our sides:
Or serve them up as tacos with your favourite toppings.
Tips and Tricks
- Don't over cook your shrimp! They cook faster than you might think they do and only need to have JUST turned pink to be ready to eat
- For an extra punch of lime, squeeze some fresh lime juice over the shrimp after cooking with the cilantro.
Are you on Pinterest? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas.
Want to see more recipes like this?? Sign up for our newsletter to have new recipes delivered to your inbox, follow us on Instagram or like our Facebook page.
More Recipes You'll Love!
If you like this chili lime shrimp recipe you might want to check out some of our other quick and easy shrimp dinner recipes!
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Chili Lime Shrimp
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
- Mix together the shrimp, avocado oil, lime juice, chili powder, chili paste, chili flakes, sea salt, pepper, and garlic in a bowl.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat then lay the shrimp out on it in a single layer.
- Cook the first side of the shrimp for about 2 minutes, then flip them over and cook for another minute or so. The shrimp are cooked when they are no longer opaque.
- Remove the skillet from the heat then add the minced cilantro.
- Toss well and serve.