Pan fried shrimp topped with sweet and spicy bang bang sauce and wrapped up in a corn tortilla with a creamy cilantro cabbage slaw. Theres only 20 minutes standing between you and these flavourful bang bang shrimp tacos!
Bang Bang sauce. It might be my new obsession. And I didn’t even think I was a sriracha fan.
In case you don’t know about Bang Bang sauce yet, let me enlighten you.
Bang bang sauce is a spicy, sweet and creamy perfection of a sauce that is made from hot sauce, mayo, and sweet chilli sauce. Where I have seen it, it usually comes on breaded and fried shrimp which is super yummy, but I was craving something a little lighter than that.
These bang bang shrimp tacos are a spin off the popular appetizer trading the breading for a light pan fry and tossing it into a corn tortilla with some creamy cabbage slaw because, TACOS.
The cool creamy slaw is great with the heat of the bang bang sauce and all around these were a hit – we even converted a new shrimp lover in the house!
How to make bang bang shrimp tacos
Honestly, these tacos couldn’t get any easier!
Start by mixing together the sriracha, mayo and sweet chilli sauce to make your bang bang sauce.
Combine the coleslaw mix, mayo, apple cider vinegar, green onion, cilantro and salt to make the slaw.
Rinse off the shrimp then dry them with a paper towel.
Add the flour to a medium sized bowl and season it well with salt and pepper. When the shrimp are dry, drop them into the flour bowl and toss to coat.
Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add a couple of tablespoon of cooking oil. Remove the shrimp from the flour bowl, knock off any excess flour and then put them in the hot skillet. Turn the shrimp after cooking for about 90 seconds, and cook on the other side for about 60 seconds more.
To serve, toss the shrimp in the bang bang sauce and add to corn tortillas along with a scoop of the coleslaw.
Dietary Considerations and Accommodations
This recipe for bang bang shrimp tacos is suitable for the following diets:
- clean eating
- gluten free and dairy free
- For low carb swap the corn tortilla for a lettuce wrap
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
More recipes you’ll love!
If you like these bang bang shrimp tacos, you might want to check out some of our other awesome taco style recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos
- 400 g shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used 26-30 count)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- 10 corn tortillas
For the bang bang sauce
- 1.5 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp mayo
For the cilantro slaw
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 tsp sea salt
Bang Bang Sauce
- Combine the sriracha sauce, sweet chilli sauce and 1 tbsp of mayo to make the bang bang sauce.
- mix together the coleslaw, cilantro, 1/3 cup of mayo, apple
- cider vinegar and sea salt.
- Mix together the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Rinse and dry the shrimp with paper towel then add the shrimp to the flour bowl tossing to coat them in the flour mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium heat. Add a couple of tablespoons of cooking oil to the pan and allow it to heat up.
- Remove the shrimp from the bowl and knock off any excess flour from them.
- Add them to the hot pan and allow to cook for about 90 seconds on the first side, then flip them over and cook for another 60 seconds then remove them from the pan.
For the tacos:
- Heat the tortilla according to package directions.
- Add some slaw, shrimp and bang bang sauce to build a taco and enjoy!