The BEST homemade ranch dressing! Buttermilk and loads of fresh herbs are the star of this easy homemade dressing – you will never go back to store bought again!
Creamy dressings are probably my favourite dressings of all time. I mean there’s nothing wrong with a good vinaigrette, but the creamy stuff is what my dressing dreams are made from. The queen of all the creamy dressings – ranch dressing, and more specifically buttermilk ranch because the best ranch is buttermilk ranch.
This ranch dressing is everything a ranch dressing should be: creamy, tangy, and full of fresh herbs.
How to make buttermilk ranch dressing
This dressing is so flavourful and SO easy to make! Like all my favourite recipes, the key to the flavour is starting with fresh ingredients – specifically fresh herbs and the more the better. I like a balance between the parsley, chives and dill, but feel free to adjust this depending on your tastes!
Start by whisking together the buttermilk and sour cream, then add in the herbs, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt and mix thoroughly to combine.
Tips and tricks:
- If you would like to lighten this dressing up, switch out the sour cream for Greek or Skyr yogurt
- The herbs are flexible – if you don’t have dill, don’t sweat it! Add more parsley and chives etc.
- This dressing will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to a week.
Dietary Considerations and Accommodations
This recipe for buttermilk ranch dressing is suitable for the following diets:
- low carb and keto friendly
- gluten free
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
More recipes you’ll love!
If you like this buttermilk ranch dressing, you might want to check out some of our other awesome dressing and dip recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Add the chopped parsley, chives, and dill to the bowl along with the garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and lemon juice and stir until mixed thoroughly.