Zucchini and feta fritters! Packed with shredded zucchini and crumbled feta cheese these easy to make vegetarian fritters are SO delicious.
We've been doing a lot of farm store ordering for our vegetables lately. Normally we like to head to the farmer's markets and get our fresh veggies straight from the source, but with everything being closed for now we are happy that a bunch of our local farms have teamed up with an online ordering system for one-stop contactless pickup.
In our last order, we had requested 2 zucchinis. What we didn't know was that we would end up with 2 BAGS of zucchini!
So, what do you do when you have a fridge full of zucchini??
You make zucchini and feta fritters, of course!
These fritters are the perfect way to get a bunch of zucchini into your family, with a healthy dose of tangy feta cheese too.
How to make zucchini and feta fritters
These fritters are awesome because they require just a few ingredients and a little bit of time and the results are SO tasty.
Start by grating up your zucchini. I do this with a box grater, but a food processor works just as well with less of a workout.
Once your zucchini is all grated, place it in a colander and give it a good squeeze to get as much water out of the zucchini as you can.
Round up the rest of your ingredients, then add the shredded zucchini, crumbled feta cheese, diced onion, and cilantro to a medium sized bowl then season well with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Add the beaten egg, then mix everything well before stirring in the flour.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add a bit of oil to cover the pan. Add a large spoonful of the fritter mixture to the skillet towards the edge then flatten it out slightly to form a fritter about ⅓ of an inch thick.
Continue adding fritters to the pan (in my skillet I could fit 4 at a time) until it is full.
Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes on the first side. The fritters are ready to flip when the bottom has reached a nice golden colour. Flip the fritters, then cook on the second side until the bottom is golden.
Tips and Tricks
- Cilantro was the fresh herb that I had on hand. You can use whatever fresh herbs you have - parsley, dill or rosemary would also be wonderful here
- Try to squeeze as much water as you can out of the zucchini. If the batter is too wet, you will get soggy fritters.
DIETARY CONSIDERATIONS AND ACCOMMODATIONS
This recipe for zucchini feta fritters is suitable for the following diets:
- dairy free
Are you on Pinterest? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas.
Want to see more recipes like this?? Sign up for our newsletter to have new recipes delivered to your inbox, follow us on Instagram or like our Facebook page.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE!
If you like these zucchini fritters, you might want to check out some of our other crispy snacky recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Zucchini Feta Fritters
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
- 2 large zucchini ((about 3 cups shredded))
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese ((about 100 g))
- 3 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
- oil for frying
- Shred the zucchini using a grater or food processor
- Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and squeeze out any excess water.
- Add the squeezed zucchini, feta cheese, cilantro, and diced onion to a medium sized bowl and season well with sea salt and fresh group pepper.
- Add the beaten egg and mix well
- Stir in the flour
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, and cover the bottom of it with oil.
- When the oil is heated, begin adding the fritters to the skillet by the heaping spoonful. Press the fritter down with the back of the spoon to form a ⅓" thick fritter.
- Cook on the first side for 2-3 miunutes, or unil the bottom of the fritter is golden brown before flipping them and cooking the next side for the same.