Vegan split pea soup is a comforting and nourishing meal full of plant based protein. Dried split peas, carrots, onions, celery and spices are cooked in the instant pot to quickly make this hearty vegan soup.
This Instant Pot split pea soup has quickly become a family favourite! It is a healthy and protein-packed meal that makes a great lunch or dinner and cooking it in a pressure cooker puts it on the table in under 30 minutes.
How to make vegan split pea soup in the instant pot
The instant pot is my go to when making dishes that require dried beans and legumes. It is such a time saver for something like split pea soup. Stovetop, this recipe would take an hour or more to cook, but in the Instant Pot, the cook time is only 15 minutes.
- Set the pot to saute, add a couple of tablespoons of oil and allow to heat for a minute or two. Add the celery, onions, and carrots. Saute while stirring for 3-5 minutes while the vegetables soften up.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, close the lid, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
How to freeze split pea soup
Split pea soup freezes quite well. I like to freeze mine in individual serving containers for easy lunches, but you could freeze in any proportion you like. Just take the container out of the freezer and place in the fridge for 24 hours to thaw.
The soup can become thicker after freezing so you may need to add a little bit of water when reheating it.
This recipe for Instant Pot vegan split pea soup is suitable for the following diets:
- vegan and vegetarian
- clean eating
- gluten free, dairy free, and allergy friendly
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
MORE VEGAN SOUP RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
If you like this vegan split pea soup, you might want to check out some of our other vegan soup recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Split Pea Soup | Vegan, Instant Pot
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
- 1 onion ( finely diced)
- 2 ribs celery (finely diced)
- 2 carrots (finely diced)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups split peas (I used a soup mix with green & yellow peas and red lentils)
- Set your Instant Pot to saute
- Add a splash of olive oil and allow to heat for a minute. Add the diced onions, celery and carrots. Season with salt and pepper and saute for 5 mins.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot, and cook on high pressure for 15 mins.