Roasted broccoli soup is full of deep garlicky roasted vegetable flavour and thickened up with white beans to keep it dairy-free and add some protein. Just 5 simple ingredients and under 40 minutes of cook time this vegan soup is perfect for any night of the week.
If you haven’t noticed already, roasting vegetables is a big thing in our household! We just love how roasting brings the flavour of the vegetable to another dimension, and if you don’t already roast your broccoli when making soup with it you are going to from now on.
Ingredients for Roasted Broccoli Soup
- White beans
- Vegetable Stock
How to Make Roasted Broccoli Soup
First, I chop the broccoli into bite-sized chunks. I also use the stem in this recipe. Did you know that broccoli stalks are edible? Simply cut off the bottom inch of the stalk, then trim off the tough exterior skin of the stalk with a vegetable peeler. This is a great way to reduce food waste. Chop the remaining interior of the stalk into bite-sized pieces.
Put all the broccoli pieces into a large bowl along with the diced onion, olive oil and crushed garlic. Season with salt and pepper and toss well to coat the vegetables.
Spread the vegetables out evenly across a large baking sheet. The pieces will roast better if they have space between them, and better roasting means better flavour!
Pop the tray in the oven for 20 mins.
When the vegetables have finished roasting, remove them from the oven and place them in a large pot on the stove. Add the vegetable stock and white beans, then bring the soup to a boil.
After the soup boils, reduce it to a simmer for 10 minutes then using an immersion blender blend the soup up in the pot until it reaches your desired consistency - I like my soup completely blended, James prefers his left a bit chunkier. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can blend the soup in your blender in two batches.
This recipe for roasted broccoli soup is suitable for the following diets:
- vegan and vegetarian
- clean eating
- gluten free, dairy free, and allergy friendly
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
MORE SOUP RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
If you like this roasted broccoli soup, you might want to check out some of our other healthy soup recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Roasted Broccoli Soup
- 1 large bunch broccoli - (florets and stems)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion - quartered
- 1 can cannellini beans - drained
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450℉
- Chop the broccoli into bite sized chunks and place in a large bowl along with the diced onion, oil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, then toss until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Place the vegetables on a large baking sheet, ensuring that there is as much space as possible between pieces. Roast for 20 mins
- Remove the vegetables from the baking tray, and place into a soup pot aloing with the vegetable stock. Bring the pot to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup in the pot until it reaches your desired consistency. If you do not have an immersion blender, you can also do this with a regular blender but you will need to blend the soup in two batches.
* nutritional information is calculated by online tools and may not be 100% accurate.