There is nothing that says healthy cold weather comfort food more than a bowl of roasted vegetables, and this roasted vegetable bowl is the perfect dinner when it's April and still cold outside. Plus, you can have it on the table in 30 minutes
This roasted winter vegetable bowl is:
- filling yet light and low in calories
- full of roasted vegetable goodness
- healthy and full of nutrients
How to Cook Our Roasted Vegetable Bowl:
We use our Instant Pot to quickly cook the spaghetti squash, but if you don't have one you can cook it in the oven. Simply follow the note provided in the recipe for oven baking the squash. Please note that you will need to adjust the total cooking time to 30 minutes if you are going to cook the squash in the oven.
We also use our Instant Pot to cook our black beans from dried, and we do this ahead of when we are going to make the recipe so we already have black beans ready to go in the fridge. If you are going to do the same, ⅔ cups black beans cooked in the Instant Pot for 40 mins will yield the 2 cups needed for the recipe. If you wanted to use canned black beans for this to save time, this will also work just fine. One 15 oz can of black beans yields about 1.5 cups once drained, so you will need to use 2 cans.
I had never been a big fan of Brussels sprouts or beets until I discovered how absolutely delicious they are when they have been roasted and caramelized in the oven. If you have never had them this way, you are going to love them, and if you are anything like us it will be a struggle to get them on to the plate as you won't be able to help popping them in your mouth straight of the pan for a quick taste!
We top the bowl with the chimichurri sauce we made in our last post, and also like to add a bit of hummus for some extra flavour and protein. If you don't want to make your own hummus for this recipe, you can use store bought, but I would spend the extra little bit of time to make your own chimichurri sauce as the freshness of the sauce really adds to the dish.
This recipe is suitable for the following diets:
- vegan and vegetarian
- clean eating and Whole30
- gluten free, dairy free, and allergy friendly
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
MORE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
If you like this roasted winter vegetable bowl, you might want to check out some of our other awesome healthy recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Roasted Vegetable Bowl with Chimichurri
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
To Cook the Brussels Sprouts and Beets
- Preheat your oven to 450℉
- Cut off the stem end off the Brussels sprouts and discard. Then cut the sprouts in half lengthwise. Add to a medium sized bowl and then season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tbsp of the olive oil to the bowl, and then toss until all the sprouts are coated.
- Slice off the top and bottom ends of the beets, then use a vegetable peeler to peel off the remaining beet skin. Slice the beets into circles approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Place the beets on the sheet and brush the tops lightly with some of the remaining oil. The slices should be close, but not touching. Flip the beets over and brush the bottoms with the oil. You will mostly likely not use the full tablespoon of oil, this is ok.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts on to the other half of the baking sheet. Spread them out so they have as much space as possible between each sprout.
- Put the tray in the oven and cook the vegetables for 20 minutes, turning once halfway through.
To Cook the Spaghetti Squash
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half width wise, NOT length wise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds from inside the squash and discard. Place the squash halves cut side down on top of the steamer rack inside of your instant pot. Cook on high pressure for 7 mins.** If you do NOT have an instant pot, you can also bake the squash inside of your oven. For this method, it is best to slice the squash lengthwise. Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet. you can place this sheet on the lower rack of your oven. Put the squash in the oven 10 minutes ahead of the other vegetables, for a total of 30 minutes.
To Cook the Greens and Tomatoes
- Heat a frying pan on your stove over medium-high heat. Add a couple of tablespoons of oil to the pan - just enough so that the greens wont stick and burn while cooking. Add the greens and the tomatoes to the pan and cook until the greens have JUST wilted, about 2-5 minutes, depending on the greens you use.
To Assemble the Bowls
- Toss the black beans with the chimichurri sauce until the beans are coated
- Divide the beans amongst 4 bowls
- Using a spoon, scoop out the insides of the spaghetti squash, and divide between the 4 bowls
- Continue to divide the remaining ingredients amongst the 4 bowls
- Top each bowl with a dollop of hummus and enjoy!