Buckwheat soba noodles tossed in a creamy garlic peanut sauce with steamed broccoli and spinach. This easy vegan noodle bowl is packed full of healthy greens, and on the table in 20 mins.
Are you a soba noodle fan? I've been converted into one recently.
I just can't get enough of the slightly nutty flavour of the buckwheat! They are also quick cooking and versatile (can be eaten hot or cold) and I love that they are a good source of both fibre and protein, which you can't say about regular wheat noodles.
This recipe for broccoli peanut soba noodles is quickly becoming one of my favourite ways to eat buckwheat noodles. The whole dish comes together in under 20 minutes with minimal mess, it's totally kid friendly, and if you're like me you already have all the ingredients on hand.
How to make Broccoli peanut soba noodles
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While the water is reaching a boil, whisk together the peanut butter, tamari, seasoned rice vinegar and garlic.
When the pot reaches a boil, add the soba noodles to the water and cook according to package directions. This is usually 6-8 minutes.
While the noodles are cooking, place the broccoli in a steamer basket on top of the boiling water, and cook the broccoli until it gets brighter in colour but is still firm, about 3-4 minutes. If you don't have a steamer basket, steam your broccoli in another pot.
When the noodles are cooked, drain them into a colander and run cool water over them to since off any excess starch. This is an important step to cook your noodles from clumping and sticking together.
Put the strained noodles back into the pot and place over a burner on medium heat.
Add the peanut sauce and spinach to the pot and toss the noodles to coat them with sauce. Keep tossing the noodles while the pot is on the burner until the spinach starts to wilt, then add the broccoli and toss through.
Now you are ready to eat!! I like to serve these noodles with sesame seeds and cilantro for garnish.
This recipe for easy bean salad is suitable for the following diets:
- vegan and vegetarian
- clean eating
- dairy free
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
MORE ASIAN NOODLE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
If you like this broccoli peanut soba noodles, you might want to check out some of our other awesome Asian noodle recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Peanut Soba Noodles with Broccoli
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
- Boil a large pot of water and cook the soba noodles according to package directions.
- If you have a steamer basket, steam the broccoli over top of the boiling noodles for 3-4 minutes until the broccoli has turned bright green but is still firm.
- When the noodles have cooked, drain them and rinse them under cold water to remove any excess starch so the noodles don't clump and stick.
- To make the sauce, mix together the peanut butter, tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and water.
- Add the noodles back to the pot with the sauce and spinach. Place on a burner over medium low heat. Toss the noodles to coat with sauce until the spinach has just wilted then add the steamed broccoli.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro and black sesame seeds.
- Add your favourite protein for a complete meal.