Homemade roasted jalapeno salsa. Easy to make, with just 6 mostly pantry ingredients, this sauce is the perfect way to spice up any meal that could use a little jalapeno kick!
Do you like spicy things and have a large collection of hot sauces in your fridge as I do?
If so, you know the importance of a having a variety of spicy flavourings and this roasted jalapeno salsa is for you!
More of a hot sauce than a chip dipping salsa, this jalapeno sauce is the perfect addition to any dish that you would love a bit of spicy jalapeno flavour on.
It’s super fresh tasting, has only 6 pantry ingredients, stores in the store for up to a week and freezes perfectly!
If you get an abundance of jalapenos from the farmers market, or you grow them in your garden your going to want to check this one out because this roasted jalapeno salsa is the best way to store up an abundance of jalapenos.
It’s naturally gluten free, low carb and vegan and it’s an all around great condiment to spice up your meal time.
How to make it
Gather up the jalapenos, onion, and garlic cloves and place them on a roasting pan then roast in the oven for 20 – 15 minutes turning the peppers and onions every 5 minutes or so. The goal is to get all sides of the peppers nice and caramelized because that’s where the roasted flavour in the salsa comes from.
Next, toss the peppers, onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, oil and salt in a high speed blender or food processor.
Blend away until smooth then serve or store it.
How to use it
This salsa is more of a hot sauce so I don’t suggest dipping your tortilla chips in it, but it is the perfect sauce to add some extra heat to your meals. This sauce pairs best with dishes like
Or any other of your Tex-Mex favourites where you might up the flavour with things like pickled jalapenos.
How to store it
This salsa will hold up well in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. If you want to keep it longer it freezes perfectly! Try freezing it in cubes in an ice cube tray so you can thaw them as needed for some fiery jalapeno goodness.
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
More recipes you’ll love!
If you like this roasted jalapeno salsa, you might want to check out some of our other delicious homemade condiment recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Roasted Jalapeno Salsa
- Blender or food processor
- 5 large jalapenos
- 1 onion peeled and halved
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cups loosely chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Heat your oven to 450℉ then arrange the jalapenos, onion halves and garlic on a roasting tray
- Roast the veggies for 20 – 25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so. The jalapenos are ready when the skind have browned and loosened.
- Remove the veggies from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before peeling the skin from the jalapenos and garlic.
- Add the jalapenos, onion, garlic, oil, cilantro, salt and lime juice to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for longer shelf life.