Korean beef bowls are the perfect weeknight dinner. Easy and healthy, with a homemade Korean inspired ginger garlic sauce, you can have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes.
Are you ready for a totally easy and super flavorful way to switch up ground beef for dinner? Say hello to this Korean beef bowl!
If you’ve ever had bulgogi beef or Korean short ribs you know the kind of flavor I am talking about here. It’s a perfect blend of umami, salty and sweet with aromatics like ginger, garlic and onion.
This Korean beef bowl takes all those amazing Korean flavors and adds them to ground beef for an easy and economical dinner.
Amazing flavor aside, the best thing about these bowls is how quickly you can have dinner made. Just cook some rice, brown the beef, add the sauce and slice some veggies. Easily all done in 20 minutes when timed well.
How to make Korean beef bowls
Start by gathering up all your ingredients so that you are ready to go. Then, make the sauce by combining the soya sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and rice vinegar in a small bowl.
Heat a large skillet to medium heat, then add the ground beef.
Brown the ground beef while stirring occasionally and breaking up the beef into crumbles with the back of a spoon.
When the beef has browned, add the diced green onion to the skillet along with the sauce.
Stir and cook the beef and onions until the sauce has thickened.
To serve, divide the rice amongst the bowls, top with the beef, then add the shredded carrot and sliced cucumber. Garnish the top of the bowls with sesame seeds.
I used a vegetable spiralizer to slice my cucumbers into these fun little ribbons, but thinly sliced cucumber works nicely too.
Tips and Tricks
- This recipe is written with beef, but it also tastes great with ground pork or chicken.
- Fresh ginger and garlic are a must for the best flavor in the sauce. I regularly keep both on hand
DIETARY CONSIDERATIONS AND ACCOMMODATIONS
This recipe is suitable for the following diets:
- gluten free
- dairy free
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE!
If you like this Korean beef bowl, you might want to check out some of our other Asian inspired recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Korean Beef Bowl
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 500 g ground beef
- 5 green onions sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 carrot grated
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Mix the soya sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and rice vinegar together to make the sauce.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, and then add the ground beef. Brown the beef while stirring occasionally and breaking up the beef with the back of a spoon.
- When the beef has browned, add the green onions and sauce to the skillet, then cook while stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice with the cucumber and carrot.