Packed full of banana and dark chocolate, this chocolate chip banana bread is dense but moist and full of flavour.
I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to share this here, but this chocolate chip banana bread is my favourite banana bread of all time.
I’ve been making it exclusively for years, and it’s got everything I want when it comes to banana bread.
- it’s got a super easy technique and there’s no need for fancy equipment.
- it works best with bananas that have been previously frozen – and I tend to gather a lot of them.
- it’s loaded with bananas so there is a deep banana flavour.
- it’s a dense, satisfying bread – but still super moist because of all those bananas.
- dark chocolate chips – definitely a must when it comes to chocolate chip banana bread.
How to make it
Start with two large bowls. In one, mix together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt. In the other bowl mash the banana, then mix in the melted butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture 1/3 at a time until it is well incorporated, then stir in about half the dark chocolate chips.
Pour the banana bread mixture into a well greased 9×5 bread pan then tap the pan on the counter several times to bring up any air bubbles.
Top the mixture with the remainder of the chocolate chips and pat them down about before baking in the oven for 60-75 minutes at 350.
To check the banana bread to see if it is done, insert a toothpick into the middle of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is done. If it comes out wet, it needs more time.
Allow the bread to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan then continue to cool on a wire rack.
Tips & Tricks
- If you are not starting with frozen bananas, make sure you wait until your bananas are overly ripe and blackening on the peel before you make the bread.
- stir the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together gently – you don’t want to over mix them or the loaf may get tough.
- Grease your pan very well to avoid the bread sticking to the pan
- Don’t forget to wait the 10 minutes for the bread to cool before removing it from the pan or it may break.
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
More Recipes You’ll Love
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 over ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 and grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a second large bowl, mash the bananas well, then add the melted butter, vanilla and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture into the banana mixture bowl 1/3 at a time stirring gently to combine them, then stir in about half the chocolate chips.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into a well greased 9×5 bread pan.
- Top the bread with chocolate chips then pat them down lightly.
- Bake for about 75 minutes depending on your oven. Start checking for doneness with a long toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf at about 60 minutes. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is ready. If it does not, cook until done.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it to cool on a wire rack.