Pasta salad, Greek style! This delicious pasta salad is packed full of veggies like cucumber, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and olives then dressed with an easy to make homemade dressing.
Summer salads like this Greek pasta salad are my absolute favourite thing to make when the weather gets hot. They are the kinds of salads that are perfect for get togethers because they can feed a crowd and they are easily made ahead. The kind of salad that can hang around in the fridge for a few days for easy meals.
This salad has all the flavour of a classic Greek salad: feta, olives, tomatoes and cucumber bulked out with pasta topped off with an easy to make homemade dressing - and it's all about the homemade dressing friends! You just can't top it when compared to store bought.
Why you are going to love this salad
I can think of a million reasons, but my top few are:
- it's packed with fresh veggies
- feta cheese! I don't think I need to say more about that
- it's super easy to make with easy to find ingredients that you might already have at home
- it's PERFECT for potlucks, as a BBQ side or even just to make ahead for quick and easy meals.
How to make it
This salad couldn't get any simpler!
Just cook your pasta, drain it, then run cold water over it to cool, then place it into a large mixing bowl.
Add the cucumbers, green peppers, tomatoes, red onion, black olives and feta to the bowl.
Mix together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper in a mason jar, then pour over the salad.
This salad is a great make ahead salad and will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days if stored properly in an airtight container.
What to serve it with
This Greek pasta salad is a side dish that can go well with just about anything, but I really like it with chicken. Baked chicken shawarma and rosemary chicken are two really great options!
I've called for penne in this recipe because it reminds me of a deli Greek pasta salad I used to by and love, but other short noodles such as farfalle would be great here.
The apple cider vinegar is easily swapped with red wine vinegar and it fact it's more traditional in a Greek dressing.
More Recipes You'll Love!
If you like this Greek pasta salad, you might want to check out some of our other make ahead salad recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 pound penne - (or other pasta)
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cucumber - halved and sliced
- 1 green pepper - quartered and sliced
- 3⁄4 pint cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1⁄2 red onion - sliced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives - sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1.5 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3⁄4 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions then drain and cool under cold running water.
- Place the pasta in a large mixing bowl and add the cucumber, green pepper, tomatoes, red onion, black olives and feta.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and sea salt and pepper to a mason jar with a lid and give it a shake to mix.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.
- Any kind of pasta kind be used for this recipe, but short pasta such as penne or farfalle work best.
- For storage, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
* nutritional information is calculated by online tools and may not be 100% accurate.
This is so delicious - easy to prepare, and full of great flavour. We enjoyed it alongside some grilled chicken. Made for a super tasty meal, and we will look forward to making it again soon!
I love a greek pasta salad. The perfect addition to a BBQ.
Lisa Huff says
You had me at feta! haha! I will eat anything with feta! BUT also loving everything else about this gorgeous Greek Pasta Salad!
This recipe is so fresh and easy! I love how it's such a crowd pleaser but it's also so effortless to make. Thanks for sharing such a superb meal!
The feta cheese really gives this pasta salad pizzazz. Love it!