Slow roasting these rosemary chicken thighs give them a perfectly crisp exterior and a tender and juicy inside. All it takes is a couple of ingredients and a bit of extra time for the best chicken thighs of your life!
Looking for the easiest, most simple, flavourful, and best chicken thigh recipe? These rosemary chicken thighs are it.
Simply seasoned with sea salt, pepper, paprika, and a few rosemary leaves tucked under the skin, these chicken thighs are slow roasted to perfection resulting in moist and flavourful meat and nice crispy skin.
These crispy baked chicken thighs aren't the quickest meal to get on the table for dinner (you're going to need to let them bake over an hour at this low temperature) but the prep work is minimal, and the oven does all the work so you can just sit back and wait to enjoy.
How to make crispy baked rosemary chicken thighs
Start by using your finger to loosen up the skin from the meat on the chicken thighs and making a little pocket for the rosemary. Tuck a few rosemary leaves into each pocket.
Neatly tuck the sides of the thigh under and place on a parchment lined baking sheet then sprinkle them with smoked paprika, sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Roast the chicken thighs in the oven at 375℉ for about 70-80 minutes depending on the size of the thighs. The best way to check if they are cooked to the right temperature is with a meat thermometer inserted close to the bone until it reaches 165℃.
Why this works
- slow roasting the chicken thighs renders out the fat from the skin resulting in a nice crispy exterior while keeping the meat moist and tender
- Placing the rosemary under the skin before cooking allows the rosemary flavour to penetrate into the meat
- minimal, fresh ingredients keep preparation simple and allow the natural flavours to shine
What to serve with rosemary chicken thighs
These crispy baked rosemary chicken thighs go great with pretty much anything as a side!
Some suggestions are:
Dietary Considerations and Accommodations
This recipe for crispy baked chicken thighs is suitable for the following diets:
- gluten free
- dairy free
- low carb and keto friendly
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
More recipes you’ll love!
If you like these crispy baked rosemary chicken thighs, you might want to check out some of our other delicious chicken recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Crispy baked rosemary chicken thighs
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
- 2.5 pounds bone in chicken thighs ((about 8 thighs))
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 rosemary sprig ((leaves removed from the stem))
- sea salt and pepper
- Heat your oven to 375℉
- Prepare the chicken by inserting your finger at the edge of the skin and run it along under the flesh to create a little pocket.
- Remove 5 or 6 rosemary leaves from the stem and place them into the pocket of the chicken thigh skin.
- Tuck the sides of the chicken thigh under itself and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Continue stuffing the rest of the chicken thighs and place them on the parchment.
- Rub a tiny bit of olive oil across the top of each thigh, then sprinkle with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Place the tray in the oven and roast for 70-80 minutes, or until the interior of the meat closest to the bone reaches 165℉ with a meat thermometer.