Perfectly seared salmon with farfalle and a flavourful creamy white wine garlic sauce. Creamy salmon pasta is easy, delicous and on the table in 20 minutes - perfect for dinner any night of the week!
Easy to make, simple fresh ingredients and a flavourful white garlic sauce - this creamy salmon pasta has got it all!
A few simple ingredients (white wine, garlic, and heavy cream & salmon) transform into an elegant pasta by building flavour from cooking the salmon, then the sauce in the same pan. And it's all ready to eat in about 20 minutes. How's that for perfect?
How to make creamy salmon pasta
There are 3 parts, and 2 pans to this pasta. There are a few more steps, but it all comes together very quickly.
First, get your pasta cooking.
Now on to the salmon!
Start with a non-stick skillet heated to just below medium. When the pan is hot, add the butter and let it melt. Season yous salmon with salt and pepper and cook it about 3-5 minutes per side.
Remove the cooked salmon from the pan and add the garlic. Sautee for a minute or two, stir in the flour, then add the wine and deglaze the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
Let the wine sauce bubble away for a couple of minutes to cook off the alcohol, then add the stock and cream to the skillet. When the sauce begins to bubble, turn the heat down to low and season well with sea salt and pepper.
By now your pasta should be cooked, so give it a drain and add it to the sauce in the skillet. Toss the pasta well until it is covered in sauce and let it all simmer together for a minute or two while you flake the salmon and add it in with the pasta.
Serve garnished with the chives.
Dietary Considerations and Accommodations
This recipe for creamy salmon pasta is suitable for the following diets:
Are you on Pinterest? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas.
Want to see more recipes like this?? Sign up for our newsletter to have new recipes delivered to your inbox, follow us on Instagram or like our Facebook page.
More recipes you’ll love!
If you like creamy salmon pasta recipe, you might want to check out some of our other pasta or salmon recipes:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Creamy Salmon Pasta
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
- 6 ounces farfalle
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces salmon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock (or veg stock)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- chives (for garnish)
- fine sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling, then add the pasta and reduce the heat to low. Cook according to package directions (for me, 15 minutes)
To cook the salmon:
- Heat a non stick ceramic skillet to just below medium heat.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt.
- Place the salmon in the pan and season the top of it liberally with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Cook the first side for 5 minutes, then flip the salmon over and cook for another 3-5 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and add the garlic. Sautee for a minute or two then stir in the flour.
To make the sauce:
- Add the wine to the pan, and using a wooden spoon scrape anything that may be stuck on the bottom of the pan into the liquid.
- Let the wine come to a boil, stirring constantly so there are no lumps in the sauce.
- Add the stock and the cream, and allow the sauce to just begin to bubble before turning the heat down to low.
- Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- While the sauce is thicking, the pasta should have finished cooking.
- Drain and set aside.
- When the sauce has begun to thicken, add the farfalle to the skillet and stir to coat the pasta.
- Using a fork or knife, break the salmon into small chunks and add them to the pasta and stir through.
- Serve garnished with chives.