Linguini tossed in a white wine, garlic and butter sauce with lime juice and cilantro then topped with seasoned shrimp. This light and refreshing cilantro lime shrimp pasta is a quick and easy meal you’ll want to eat again and again!
Quick and easy pasta meals are some of my favourite things to make and eat. Who doesn’t love having dinner on the table in 15 minutes, especially when it’s a comforting bowl of noodles that you know everyone at the table will enjoy?
This cilantro lime shrimp pasta checks all the right boxes:
- simple 15 minute prep
- easy to make, yet full of flavour
- guaranteed to make both kids and adults happy at meal time
It’s kind of a play on garlic shrimp pasta, with the flavours of cilantro and lime thrown in for a bit of an unexpected twist.
How to make it
Start with getting a large pot of heavily salted water boiling to cook the pasta.
When the water is ready, and the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
Gather up your garlic, cilantro, lime, shrimp, wine, olive oil and butter.
Heat a large non stick skillet to medium heat, then add the olive oil and butter.
Season your shrimp well with salt and pepper then scatter them across the skillet and cook until they have just turned pink.
Remove the shrimp from the skillet, then add the garlic and wine. Increase the heat to high and bring the sauce to a boil, then turn it back down to medium low and let it simmer a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens up a bit.
Add the drained linguini to the skillet along with the lime juice and chopped cilantro then top with the shrimp.
Tips & Tricks
- I love linguini with sauces like this, but you could use spaghetti or may other long pasta you have on hand
- fresh limes make for the best lime flavour, but if you don’t have any you can substitute with 2-3 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Don’t skimp on the cilantro! Make sure you throw a really good handful into the pasta
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
More Recipes You’ll Love!
If you like this cilantro shrimp pasta, you might want to check out some of our other delicious pasta recipes!
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Pasta
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
- 12 ounces linguini
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 limes (juice of)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handful cilantro (minced)
- Cook the pasta in well salted boiling water according to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add the butter and oil.
- Season the shrimp well with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for a couple minutes per side then remove from the pan.
- Add the wine and garlic to the skillet, raise the temperature and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce for a minute or two.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet along with the lime juice and cilantro. Toss well then add the cooked shrimp