Got a pickle lover in the house? We sure do. Its next to impossible to keep a jar in the fridge once its opened, and these Quick Pickled Carrots have been a regular in our house for the last few weeks. Crunchy, salty, and tangy, they make an excellent snack on their own or a nice accompaniment for meals of all kinds.
We love throwing them in sandwiches or wraps, or adding them to bowls such as bibimbap or even our Korean BBQ Tofu Bowls.
This recipe truly takes no more than 10 minutes of your time, and the pickled carrots can hold up well in the fridge for at least a couple of weeks (if they last that long). I like to make the pickles about a day before I am going to use them, but if you are in a hurry you could make them a couple of hours before - the carrots will just be crisper and less 'briney'.
We use very little sugar in this recipe as we prefer our pickles on the salty side, but if you prefer a sweeter taste feel free to add more sugar.
This recipe makes 1 500 ml mason jar container, but you can easily scale this recipe to make a bigger batch if you wish.
Ingredients for Quick Pickled Carrots:
- ½ lb carrots
- white vinegar
How to make Quick Pickled Carrots
- Prepare your carrots by peeling and cutting into matchstick sized pieces. I like to cut mine as tall as the container will be storing them in. The thiner the thickness of the carrot pieces, the easier it is for the carrot to pickle quickly. Place the carrot pieces inside of a wide mouthed mason jar.
- mix the boiling water, vinegar, salt and sugar together and stir until the salt and sugar dissolve.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the mason jar until the carrots are covered. Close the mason jar and cool on the counter before storing in your fridge.
If you have made this recipe, don’t forget to rate it below!
Quick Pickled Carrots
* This recipe card may contain affiliate links to products we know and love. We earn a small commission on qualified sales at no cost to you.
- ½ pound carrots carrots
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Cut the carrot and daikon into matchstick sized pieces about as tall as the neck of your mason jar, and put them inside it.
- In medium sized bowl mix together the remaining ingredients. Stir until the salt and sugar have disolved.
- Pour the pickling mixture into the mason jar and close it. Allow to cool on the counter then store in the fridge