These easy to make and vibrantly spiced grilled beef kofta kebabs are a flavourful main dish perfect for weekend grilling or an easy weeknight meal.
Looking for something new and interesting to throw on the grill? I've got you covered with these kofta kebabs!
You might be wondering: what is kofta? Kofta refers to spiced ground meat that is usually rolled into a ball and cooked, so basically a meatball. Throw it on a stick and you've got a kofta kebab!
You're going to love this!
- Quick and easy - using a food processor to chop the ingredients makes throwing these kofta kebabs together super quick and easy. Just season, form and grill.
- Full of flavour - these kebabs are generously seasoned with a mixture of complex and warming spices along with an abundance of fresh herbs.
- Crowd pleasing - these kebabs are great to serve up if you've got company and you are looking for something interesting yet easy to grill up for a crowd.
- Egg - used to help bind the meat together
- Ground beef - I like to use lean ground beef here for the extra flavour, but you could use extra lean in a pinch.
- Onion - any old onion will do!
- Parsley & cilantro - don't be shy with these! They add a nice fresh flavour to compliment the warm spices.
- Garlic - as always, fresh is best.
- Spices - I used ground coriander, paprika, turmeric, cumin and cinnamon here.
How to make them
Process the onion and garlic. Add the roughly chopped onion and garlic to a food processor then pulse until they are fairly well minced.
Process the meat. Add the ground beef to the food processer and pulse a few times until the onions and garlic are mixed into the meat and the meat has broken down a bit more.
Tip: Don't overly process the meat or it will turn into a mushy paste. Pulse it just enough that the meat looks more tender.
Add the egg and season the meat. Transfer the meat mixture to a bowl then add the egg and all the herbs and spices. Use your hands to mix well and massage the spices into the meat.
Form the kebabs. Divide the meat mixture into 6 equal sized pieces. Use your hand to form a long kebab on the skewer. * For best results let the kebabs chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes before grilling.
Grill. Heat your grill to medium heat then add the kebabs. Cook for about 6-8 minutes while turning occasionally to make sure all sides are browned.
How to serve
These beef kofta kebabs are extremely versatile and can be served in a variety of ways!
- On a pita - remove the kebabs from the skewers and serve on a pita with lettuce, tomatoes, onion and tzatziki or tahini sauce.
- With salad - any of your favourite salads would work well. We love these with our fattoush salad though!
- With an easy side - for a light and easy summer meal serve with a side of seasoned chopped tomatoes. So simple, yet so good!
More recipes you'll love!
If you like these grilled beef kofta kebabs, you might want to check out some of our other delicious grill recipes!
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Grilled Beef Kofta Kebabs
- 1 onion - roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - roughly chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1.5 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground corinader
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- handful parsley - minced
- handful cilantro - minced
- Roughly chop the onion and garlic then add to a food processor. Pulse until the onion and garlic are chopped.
- Add the ground beef to the food processor and pulse until the beef is less coarse and the onion is mixed through.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a bowl and add the egg, sea salt, black pepper, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, parsley and cilantro. Using your hands mix well while massaging the spices into the meat.
- Divide the meat mixture into 6 equal portions then form the meat around a kebab stick. For best results let the kebabs firm up in the fridge for about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat your grill to medium heat. When hot place the kebabs on the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes while turning occasionally to ensure all sides are cooked.
* nutritional information is calculated by online tools and may not be 100% accurate.