Vegan Puttanesca Zoodles
vegan puttanesca sauce with white beans on top of zucchini noodles
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dried seaweed pulverised
- 2 tbsp capers drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (14 oz)
- 1/2 cup black olives chopped
- can artichoke hearts quartered
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 cans cannellini beans drained
- 2 large zucchini spiralized
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp raw hemp hearts
- salt and pepper to taste
Chop your red onion, garlic, olives, and and oregano. Using a mortar and pestle, grind the seaweed into a fine powder (you can also skip this altogether)
Add the oil to a large pot and heat to medium high heat. Add the onions and garlic and sautee for for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions have softened and start to turn transluscent. Add the capers, black olives, chili flakes, and oregano. Saute for another minute or two.
Add the tomatoes, beans, artichokes and ground seaweed (if using) to the pot and bring to a boil. Return the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
While the sauce is simmering, heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the zoodles to the pan as toss frequently to heat the zucchini.
Divide the zoodles between 4 plates and top with sauce
Garnish with parsley, hemp hearts, nutritional yeast, or whatever other toppings you enjoy!