Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Tacos
Quick, healthy, vegan breakfast tacos with scrambled tofu and hemp hearts
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 1/3 package extra firm tofu
- 2 tsp tahini
- 8 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 shallot minced
- 1 tsp olive oil (or cooking oil of your choice)
- 6 tsp hemp hearts
- 4 Food For Life Sprouted Corn tortillas thawed
- 1/4 cup green onions (for garnish)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped, (for garnish)
- 1/2 lime cut into wedges
- 8 cherry tomatoes diced (for garnish)
Place the tofu in a bowl and use a fork to mash until it is crumbled. Add tahini and nutritional yeast to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the shallot and cook for 2 minutes, or until slightly translucent.
Add tofu to the skillet and cook until mixture is heated through - about 5 minutes
Fill tortillas with tofu mixture. Divide hemp hearts by 4 and sprinkle on top of the filled tortillas.
Garnish according to taste and enjoy!