Hot Italian sausage, roasted peppers and onions and crispy potato wedges. This sheet pan sausage and peppers dinner is a complete meal with minimal fuss and only one pan!
I really love food, but I think you already know that.
My love of food has led me to a love of cooking but one thing that I have never fallen in love with is cleaning up all the dishes that cooking brings.
I’m always looking for ways to reduce the number of dishes used during the whole process. If you are anything like me with the hate on for clean up, let me introduce you to your new culinary best friend: sheet pan meals.
A complete meal (sides and all) with only ONE dish to clean at the end. They’re like the holy grail of meals for people who love to eat but don’t want to clean up.
In my opinion, a really great sheet pan meal is one where you put everything on the one pan, let the oven do all the work and then pull it out with everything ready in the same amount of cooking time.
This sheet pan sausage and peppers dinner is exactly that. You get perfect oven roasted sausages and peppers and onions along with crispy potato wedges.
The key to a really great sheet pan dinner is having a large enough sheet pan to bake on without crowding and to size your ingredients so that they all cook at the same rate. I use one that is 15 x 21 inches which also happens to be the perfect size for making big batches of crispy oven fries.
How to make sheet pan sausage and peppers
Get your oven heated and then start on cutting up your vegetables.
Cut your peppers and onions into slices about 1/3 of an inch thick and your potatoes into wedges about 1/4 inch thick.
Toss up the peppers and onions with half the olive oil then season them with salt and pepper before spreading them out across half of the sheet pan.
Toss the potatoes in the rest of the olive oil along with the garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and salt and pepper then spread them out across the other half of the sheet pan. Make sure that there is space between the wedges if you like them crispy.
Because the peppers and onions release a fair amount of liquid when they cook I like to build a little ‘sausage wall’ up the middle of the veggies and the potatoes so that the liquid doesn’t leak onto the potato side and keep them from crisping up.
Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes taking the sheet out once about halfway through to flip everything.
Divide amongst the plates to serve and enjoy!
Are you on Pinterest????? Follow me for more fresh and tasty recipe ideas
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE!
If you like this sheet pan sausage and peppers dinner, you might want to check out some of our other easy cleanup meals:
If you have made this recipe we’d love to see it! Tag us on Insta @loveandgoodstuff.
Loved this? Don’t forget to rate it below!
Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers Dinner
- large sheet pan
- 3 hot Italian sausage
- 2 large russet potatoes cut into thin wedges
- 2 peppers (any colour) sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄8 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄8 tsp onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp thyme
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400℉
- Slices your peppers and onions into strips, then toss in a bowl with half the olive oil. Season well with sea salt and pepper, then spread them out amongst 1/2 of the sheetpan.
- Slice the potatoes into thin wedges then toss in a bowl with the rest of the olive oil along with the garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and some salt and pepper.
- Layout the potato wedges across the other half of the pan keeping sure that no slices are touching so that they will crisp up properly.
- Place the sausages in a line up the middle of the pan between the potatoes and veggies creating a bit of a wall between them.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven, and cook for 30-35 minutes stopping once halfway through to give everything a flip.
- The peppers and onions release a lot of liquid when cooking. To make sure that the potatoes get crispy, line up the sausages like a wall between the peppers and the potatoes.